Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Minifigs British Napoleonic Sappers/Pioneers

Hi Ron

I've tried putting a note in here before to see if anyone has any spare figures - on previous occasions, I got no useful offers but some interesting opinions (which I appreciate).

This time I looking for British sappers/pioneers - I collect 20mm or small 25mm figures. Only suitable figure I am aware of is MF s-range BN55s and the later ('intermediate') equivalent, but definitely not the current elephantine range. Anyone got any spare? - painted, unpainted, all interesting. Hardly anyone seems to have made British sappers - not even Scruby (though that range includes, incredibly, a mounted French Hussar sapper). The Minifigs boys are my best option, I think. I'm looking for a half-dozen or so.

Regards

Tony

3 comments:

  1. Hi tony
    I only have one BN55s but your welcome to have it
    i also have 2 x PTN2s if there any help

    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. As most of my metal is 'unknown' how would I spot them? Do they have a distinctive uniform item like the french have their 'fireman's' helmet? If I have any, they're yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I'll try to upload a pic of the 2 types. The British pioneers just look like line infantrymen with axes and big aprons! Thanks for your note.

    ReplyDelete